How have all of your been rocking your change? Well day one for me was spent cleaning up my office! and the with the exception of one day I have been slowly going through my old mail and have 4 bags of shredded mail and 1 bag of recycling from junk mail.
I know I know, how on earth did I let it get this bad, well two years of putting off the job will create at least two weeks work of work. so I have been catching up on my DVR as I go through each and every item. I will post a picture of all of the stuff to be tossed and donated.
Next month will be the Deep Clean, this month will prep the way. I did do one night of going through my old e-mail and there are literally 10,000 more to go. I have started to sort, delete and file away my e-mail. at least 1,000 gone. I suspect that the deep clean month will bring an empowerment that I have not experienced in a long time.
Right now, the de-cluttering has not been difficult, just tedious. All in all i can feel the result though!
Some quick tips for those of you who like me may have been struggling:
1. Play music or a movie to work to
2. Glad Zip Lock Gallon bags are great for sorting
3. If you would not ship it across the country, then do not keep it!
4. If you forget and skip a day do an hour the next!
5. De-clutter with the purpose of honoring your home as your body. The state of our home reflects the state of our body.... both of mine have been neglected. I am taking care of both now!.
6. Ask yourself, why you are choosing to keep something: if it is guilt, attachment, or any reason other than beauty, joy or usefulness, then chuck it!
Happy day to you all! and good luck!